I'm sorry that this episode came out late. That's why it's extra long...and we have our first show guest!! Due to the release of a certain book, I had to cancel the recording that was scheduled for last week to this week. We then digressed about talk shows and reined back to talking about the book...including the competition on Adam Knits! (already over) So, you know what book we are talking about, right? ;-) (And on my own personal side note: I so want to have THIS!) I ranted on about spoilers on the internet...and Ms. B ranted about people sneezing on her in the cinema.
Talking about cinema...we might go see The Rocky Horror Picture Show here in Munich....at least we talked about it. And I plugged the Katia & KylieMac Podcast yet again.
I also started to talk about Damknit Podcast. She's doing this survey and so you should go and DO IT! And then I did some shameless self-advertising about the interview in gave (in German) to Brigitte.de and Sueddeutsche Zeitung Jetzt...and we discussed whether knitting is only for grandmas?
Germans have to learn to knit/crochet in school (don't know whether they're still doing it now) and Ms. B got really excited because this means her boys will have to learn to knit. It's important, isn't it?! Cashyie talked about ballroom dancing at her work place and I want to learn!!!!
We digressed a bit into talking about Brooklyn Tweed's Noro Scarf.
What's on or off the needles?
- Ms. B still pretty much has the same stuff on the needles:
- Super Secret Project (The Phallic Knit)
- Montego Bay Scarf
- Vista Mare (Billy Reid Socks), one down, one to go (and she'll get the pattern out!)...and we digressed by talking on copyright issues on knitting patterns
- She's also sewing little project bags!
- I, Elemm also still has pretty much the same projects:
- Vinnland is coming along nicely with heel-flap
- Charlie Brown Blues --> Heading to the frog pond, but they will be re-started
- Super Secret Project....is an FO...but I can't reveal anything until October
- Cast on for a new scarf
- Periodic Table Knit (too good for Mankittens)
German terms with Elemm:
- Zephyr Jaegerspun
- der Pullover / der Pulli = Sweater, Pullover
- die Veste = vest
- die Strickjacke = cardigan
- die Jacke = jacket
- der Pullunder = slipover
- die Socke(n) = sock(s)
- Highlight -->*Scheiße = shit*
- Highlight -->*Arschloch = asshole*
Ms. B and Elemm had their first dyeing experiences!! Ms. B tried it before I did. Cashyie recognises the competitive streak between me and Ms. B. And for your information, I used more or less this Kettle Dye Tutorial, you can read about it HERE.
Ms. B starts dealing yarns and other goodies. She also received this HUMONGOUS package from Cauchy09. Apart from that, Ms. B also re-started sewing again. She made these extremely cute project bags!
- Benediktbeuern Textile Market (22nd-23rd September 2007): Biggest textile market in Germany. Meet the Wollmeise in person! Fondle her gorgeous yarns before making the purchase. There will be a sock-workshop with Yarnissima, the designer of Digitessa! The Knitters Uncensored Team will be there and we all will be having a PJ-Knit-Party! All places are filled! You can find the list HERE. We will talk about how to get there soon.
- Join our Uncensored Knitters Group on Ravelry!
- Go and listen to a new podcast: PassioKnits.
- Toilet Drop & Stitch Marker Contest Winner: Congratulations to Alala! Contact us and so we can get your toilet drop and stitch markers out to you!
Or leave us a comment here on the blog! Or contact us over at our group on Ravelry. You can send Ms. B or me (Elemm) a message over at Ravelry, too!
We also have our first show guest! Please welcome: Christine from the Pointy Sticks Podcast! Find out why she hasn't been podcasting. Go visit her photography website: FreshPhotography and her other site! She's trying to start a sock for her trip (which she actually started later after the recording - and she's knitting with Opal).
Music for this week:
"Places People Hide Their Money" by Ridel High (lead singer is Kevin Ridel, who was in a band with Rivers Cuomo of Weezer and Ms. B's Rock Star Husband back in their hey-days, and is now in the band AMRadio)...and remember to substitute the word "money" with "yarn" ;-)
Hope you enjoyed this extra long episode! Until the next episode....Keep knitting!