We're getting better at putting out loooooooooooooooonng episodes. :-p
I was caught off-guard introducing myself. Anyway, I missed out on CSD, i.e. the Gay Pride, just to record for you guys! Cashyie wants me to do a wet T-Shirt contest, just because it was raining...but I've got a cold. Then I started talking about this edible knit-underwear, but opted for Jaegermeister instead, a "H"erbal liqueur.
Thank you to ScoutJ for dyeing up a special colourway for the Knitters Uncensored: "South Tyrolean Mankitten in Lederhosen"! And Ms. B talks about cost limit at custom and the strategy to get off it....we digressed and started talking about the Euro Blazer, BH ("Büstenhalter" = bra) and "Becher"= beaker. Don't get them mixed up!
What's on/off the needles?
- Ms. B:
- Montego Bay Scarf using "South Tyrolean Mankitten in Lederhosen", see picture above (FO)
- Started another Montego Bay Scarf (Seriously! We're Montego Bay Scarf mad!)
- Frogged some of the Periodic Table swatches
German Terms with Elemm (don't get these two terms mixed up!):
- Schwul = gay, homosexual
- Schwül = muggy, sticky weather
- Buon Giorno
- Ho bisogno di molti soldi
Cashyie watched German TV....and I revealed to her and Ms. B that some talk shows and courtroom shows don't use the real people, but they hire actors, especially the courtroom shows due to the privacy protection. I don't know what happens then, but Cashyie starts talking about going to Speed Dating and I'll probably be going with her.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show in Munich is supposed to be the longest running one...and apparently, they also sell packaged props to throw and the show is supposedly "tame". *LOL* Or we can go see the show in Paris and join up with Katia & Kylie Mac.
Getting back to Life in Germany, Ms. B talks about the fact that the utility costs here are included in the rent (warm or cold rent. Warm is included, cold is excluded). But some places do it differently. And you'll have to pay surplus at the end of the year if you used too much, or you get money back if you use less than you've paid. Of course, Ms. B ends up having to pay more since her place is kept at tropical temperature during the winter.
You swipe your card and your fingerprints get scanned to go and rent out a DVD at the machine. They also charge by the hour you rent the DVD for.
And then we talk about Pfand, or the deposit on cans and bottles. Turned out that our first show guest from last episode, Christine, carried that empty can of Coke from Ms. B around with her through Germany, because Ms. B told her not to throw it away, since it costs EUR 0.25! There aren't many canned beers around anymore...if any at all.
We also have a new segment, where we pick on the Non-Knitters. Our new show guest, Ms. B's Rock Star Husband!!! We will be looking for new participants to pick on in the future....so watch out, all ye non-knitters out there!
At some point during the quiz, we got around to brainstorming about writing a Whodunnit about Ravelry....we also reached the consent that the Wollmeise is THE German Indie-Dyer. And Lily Chin has the same birthday as me!!!!
How much should you ask for a hand-knit item? Since I've been commissioned with two pairs of socks, I'm at a lost about what price I should ask for. I need to earn some money, but I don't want to sound too steep by asking for too much. How much do you think a hand-knit item should cost? Leave a comment or write us an email at:
KnittersUncensored (at) gmail (dot) com
or discuss about it on our Uncensored Knitters Ravelry Group! (In some broken weak moment, Cashyie and Ms. B thought they could take advantage over my stash and buy off my beloved yarns....no way! I'm a yarn hoarder.)
- Benediktbeuern Textile Market (22nd-23rd September 2007): Biggest textile market in Germany. Meet the Wollmeise in person! Fondle her gorgeous yarns before making the purchase. There will be a sock-workshop with Yarnissima, the designer of Digitessa! The Knitters Uncensored Team will be there and we all will be having a PJ-Knit-Party! All places are filled already and we will start organising the details soon. So, watch out for an email in the coming week! The list of participants are:
- Elemm (confirmed)
- Ms. B (confirmed)
- Cashyie (confirmed)
- Fabienne (confirmed)
- Yarnissima (confirmed)
- Alala (confirmed)
- Breibeest (confirmed, with + 1.5)
- Tini (confirmed)
- deknit (confirmed)
- Secrets of Chrysopolis, another mystery KAL (in German)!
- Ms. B's Taste of Germany: The first round will be "Blue". There will be 10 places to grab (okay, 9, since Cashyie is ready to pounce on one set). This will be on the first-come-first-serve basis, so keep a look out on Ms. B's Blog for announcement...and I guess it's also going to be announced here, too. Here's the rough content of the package:
- Fingering-weight yarn (100% superwash merino) from Wollmeise
- MariSilk (light fingering) or fingering-weight yarn by Sheepaints (MariSilk or fingering-weight depending on the series)
- MariSilk (light fingering) or fingering-weight yarn by Das Schneeschaf (MariSilk or fingering-weight depending on the series)
- Merino-Silk-Ramie mix fingering-weight yarn by Drachenwolle
- Fingering-weight yarn (100% superwash merino) by Handgefaerbt.com
KnittersUncensored (at) gmail (dot) com
or come and join us at our Uncensored Knitters Ravelry Group!
This week's music is brought to you by Garageband.com: "Effeminate Boyfriend" by Blu, in honour of the CSD!
Hope you enjoyed our banters in this episode! Have a great week and keep knitting!!