Sorry I took forever to write up this episode's show notes. I was finishing off my last seminar paper, which has already been handed in. So now I can concentrate on
Well, what did you think about our new intro? Ms. B and Rock-Star Husband rock, eh? And for some reason, I just sounded so chirpy doing the welcome.
What's on/off our needles?
- Red My So-Called Scarf (FO)
- Another MSCS in Wolle Rödel "Arizona"
- Cashyie's own design Mittens (FO)
- Montego-Bay Treber Scarf (FO)
- Knitted Fibre Optic Lamp
- Ms. B:
- Malabrigo Hanami Stole (frogged - anyone want the yarn?)
- MariSilk Hanami Stole (FO)
- Firestarter Socks
- Secret Project
- "Stripes Moony The Pink" Baby Sweater
- Mystic Waters Shawl
- Secret Project (same one with Ms. B)
- Mohawk (FO)
- Koolhaas (FO - went to Minemma)
- I've got quite a bit on my spindles. Plus, I got new spindles from Butterfly Girl Designs! I've been spinning the lace-weight single...which is already done and now I'm knitting it up into the Flower Basket Shawl.
- Snicker yarn still on my Turkish Cross Spindle
Belated Happy Birthday to Mike from Socktopus (not the yarn shop)!!!
Life in Germany: What do we think is weird in Germany?
- Ms. B thinks that when they have construction going on on a building and they put a ginormous poster with the picture of the building on the scaffolding. Also, take aways, especially Chinese take aways here come in styrofoam box with sealed foil on it.
- I think that the Schwäbische Kehrwoche (German Wiki link, for English, try this one) itself is kind of funny.
- Cashyie had people moving her furnitures around when they came over to her place for a party. But she finds it sweet that Germans would go the extra mile for you.
Also Q&A from Katia & KylieMac: When do you consider yourself an expat and not a tourist?
- Ms. B feels that she feels like an expat when she first moved in to her apartment with Rock-Star Husband here in Munich.
- Apparently, I'm neither and expat nor a tourist anymore, but more like an immigrant....although I could still be booted out any time.
- Cashyie feels like a European anyway, growing up in the multicultural Canada....even in Canada, she already feels like an expat.
Wollmeise colourway names:
- Pfauenauge = Peacock feather
- Tiefer See = Deep Lake
- Pfefferminz Prinz = Prince Peppermint
- Vergissmeinnicht = Forget Me Not
- Am kalten Polar = At the cold polar
- Gemütlichkeit = cosiness
- schrecklich = awful, appalling
- fürchterlich = horrible, dreadful
- übermäßig = excessive, excessively, exceedingly
- Frühstück = breakfast
- ausgezeichnet = excellent, distinguished, "kick-ass"
- What's the weather in Germany like comparing to our home countries?
- For me, coming from Thailand, we got only humidity and the three seasons we have are: Hot, Hotter and the Hottest. :-p
- For Ms. B, she used to live in Seattle, so she likes the mild temperature all year round.
- Cashyie talks about the extreme temperatures....especially the fact that you can really shock freeze your exposed skin in the matter of seconds! Scary!
- What about German food?
- I eat everything! Love all food! And someone at work asked me seriously whether I've tried the cow udders. *urgh*
- Ms. B doesn't like German food that much...especially those jelly sausages. Weird meat stuff just freaks her out....and she thinks that Germans aren't very big on veggies, it's all about meat, potatoes and bread. ;-)
- Cashyie pretty much likes everything, too.
And for Ms. B:
You can leave us a comment here or contact us via email:
KnittersUncensored (at) gmail (dot) com
or come and join us at our Uncensored Knitters Ravelry Group!
We were just about to close when I blabbered about my prospective boyfriend. ;-p And I know you're listening!
This week's music is "Junk Mail Never Stops" by Billy Reid!
Until the next episode, keep knitting!!!!