Our second episode is here!!! *Applauds*
We always take delight in digressing on whatever topic we're talking about....but that's our charm, eh? :-p Great fun was had with help of alcohol, potato chips and sweets! This time, we were recording from Elemm's
So, let's get the show started!
Thank you for mentioning us!
- Stitch Stud and His Bride
- SSK (on their virtual SnB session)
- Lime & Violet
- It's a Purl, Man
- Charles Lifestyle & Knitting
- Ms. B: Springgrass Socks from Craftoholic, Gentleman's Fancy Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks and the Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
- Cashyie: Periodic Table Garter Stitch Blanket (!!!) and ...drumroll... SOCKS! Well, the start of socks anyways.
- Elemm: "Boyfriend Socks" by Alice Bell (frogged back and needles put back in), "Icarus Shawl" from Interweave Knits Summer 2006 and "Clementine Shawlette" from Interweave Knits Spring 2007
- Should men wear shawls? Get your men to wear shawls or ask for their opinions! Post your answers in the comment on send us an email at:
KnittersUncensored (AT) gmail (DOT) com
Life in Germany with Ms. B: Yarn shopping dilemma....hand-painted yarns are a rarity here! Go check out her compilation of online yarn shops and indie dyers in Germany here.
Knitting "auf Deutsch" with Elemm:
- Garn = yarn (usually refers to the thread itself)
- Wolle = wool, yarn
- Bambus = bamboo
- Schurwolle = virgin wool
- Seide = silk
- Baumwolle = cotton
- Acryl = acrylic
- Masche(n) = stitch(es)
- anschlagen = cast-on (Maschen anschlagen, "Ich schlage (Maschen) an")
- abketten = bind-off/cast-off ("Ich kette ab")
- stricken = to knit
- rechts stricken = knit (so: rechte Masche = knit stitch)
- links stricken = purl (so: linke Masche = purl stitch)
- schlechte Podcaster, kein Keks = bad podcasters, no cookie
The drawing for our contest! Congratulations to I play with Pins & Needles (Wollmeise) and Celtic Knots (Knit Picks)! We have contacted you via email already and will be sending out the prizes as soon as possible!
- WWKIP-Day: the unofficial Munich section. We're going to meet at 11.30 a.m. on this coming Saturday, 09th June. The meeting point will be at the Feldherrnhalle on the Munich Odeonsplatz. Please tell us if you're coming, so we will know who we should be expecting!
- Benediktbeuren Textile Market (22nd-23rd September 2007): Biggest textile market in Germany. Meet the Wollmeise in person! Fondle her gorgeous yarns before making the purchase. There will be a sock-workshop with Yarnissima, the designer of the Digitessa! The Knitters Uncensored Team will be there and we all will be having a PJ-Knit-Party! This is an open invitation to all the listeners, as well as to all podcasters out there! It's on during Oktoberfest, what better excuse to combine yarn with beer?!
- Ms. B will be going to Ally Pally in London for the Knitting & Stitching Show in October
A skein of sock yarn, 2 balls of Tini's own hand-dyed sock yarns (this got Cashyie into knitting her first socks with DPNs!), yumminess of Chocolatey death....not to mention the to-die-for Russian Chocolate scented coffee! (All food items are all gone now!) Thank you so much! Vielen tausend Dank von uns allen!
- Knitters Uncensored Theme song written, produced and performed by Ms. B and her DH (please tell her that her singing is wonderful!)
- "Lip Syncing to the Song" by Billy Reid...and just for the sakes of it, here's the video of the song:
Leave us comments (coz we're comment-ho's) or write us an email at:
KnittersUncensored (AT) gmail (DOT) com
Until the next time, keep knitting!
Yours (with 2 snaps in a circle and a cherry on top *winks*),
Ps. The show titled with "Kolenyas" need a bit of explanation: "Kolenya" is a pattern for fingerless mittens that I knit. You can find the pattern by Sheep and no city HERE.
Pps. Also thank you to Socks in the City for mentioning our podcast in her latest episode! Glad that my segment could be of help! (I'm adding this in right now because I'm listening to her while writing up the show notes)