Our premier episode! *Woohoo!*
Come join us in our ramblings....and listen to how we had to boost our nerves for the first episode with alcohol. We digressed a lot, but we had great fun!
We introduce ourselves...well, kind of:
- Elemmaciltur (Elemm)
- Bockstark Knits (Ms. B)
- Cashmacrylic (Cashyie)
Why this podcast?
What's on our needles?
- Elemmaciltur: "Boyfriend Socks" by Alice Bell
- Bockstark: "Gentleman's Fancy Sock" from Knitting Vintage Socks and "Falling Leaves" by Jessica Landers
- Cashmacrylic: Garter-Stitch Galore!
Knitting in German with Elemm: Ball band
- Fädig = ply
- Farbe = colour
- Partienummer = dye lot
- Welche Farbe ist es? = What colour is that?
- Zeigen Sie mir bitte Ihre Cashmere-Wolle. = Please show me your cashmere.
- Welche Farbe(n) haben Sie? = Which colour(s) do you have?
Life in Germany with Ms. B: German Bread vs. American Bread and the squishiness of it all
Cashyie has Stash Enhancing eXperience!
Contest Give-Away: Answer the question "What's Cashyie's day-job?"
Leave your answers in the comments (don't forget to put in where you're from!) or send us an email at:
KnittersUncensored (at) gmail (dot) com
The contest will be opened until 04th June 2007 and the winner will be announced in the next episode.
If nobody guesses the right answer, the most creative ones will win. For listeners in the USA, there's a chance to win one hank of Wollmeise Lamdochtwolle (worsted-weight, 200 m) in the colourway "Spice Market" (enough to make one gorgeous My So-Called scarf - make sure you stretch properly while blocking):
Image hosted by Flickr
For listeners outside of the USA, there's a chance to win two hanks of Knit Picks Memories in "Smores".
- World-Wide Knit In Public Day. We didn't really register, but if you want to join us then leave us a comment or write an email! ;-)
- I forgot to mention this on the podcast, but if you have Skype, then you should join the online SnB Knit Lounge with the SSK girls on 31st May!!!
This week's music:
- "Knitters Uncensored Theme" by Ms. B and her DH (that was such a great job!!!! *thank you!*)
- "The Bridesmaid Dress" by Deirdre Flint (Isn't she just great?!)
Have a great week everyone!! *Proch!*
Ps. Here's where I learned how to knit: KnittingHelp.com