Monday, June 11, 2007

Men and shawls: Who said we can't?


"Who said we can't?" Clementine Shawlette, modelled par moi
Originally uploaded by elemmaciltur

Started: 11th May 2007
Finished: 09th June 2007
Needles: 3 mm / 60 cm Inox circs
Yarn: Rohrspatz & Wollmeise sock yarn, "Drachenblut"
Pattern: Clementine Shawlette by Michele Rose Orne from Interweave KNITS Spring 2007

Okay, just to prove my point, here it is: My recently FO'ed Clementine Shawlette, modelled par moi!

Srsly though, I won't be going around outside like that, but I keep the shawl close to me at home (not on my shoulders, as it does get too warm with the temperature around here being at 22 centigrades / 71 fahrenheit at the moment).

I'm sure that I'll probably regret putting this up at the KU-Site. *LOL*

Have great week, y'all!

Elemm

12 comments:

Mia said...

Well, if you want to wear it, wear it. But if it was pink, I might give you a strange look. But what ever floats your boat.

Shannon said...

its GORGEOUS! I hope mine turns out half as good!

~Shannon

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous... but to answer the poll question posed on the podcast, I don't like shawls on guys, other than those they knit themselves. And this is coming from a homo knitter/sychronized swimmer who's in the closet about the modified (meaning, skinny) Clapotis he's finishing up this week. I'll post about it on my blog. (and, yes, I plan on wearing the Clap in public, but more rolled up in a gay Euro scarf kind of way--you know what I mean...)

Love the podcast! Hope you're all still going in 2010 when my synchro team is coming for Gay Games!

Anonymous said...

Great shawl!! Those colors are perfect. I'm all about shawls right now-it looks great on you! Guys in shawls=sexy!

MissCritta said...

That is HOT! It looks great over that blue shirt!

Andy Baker said...

Okay. I didn't really love the idea when I heard about it, but I really like it on you. But you might just single handedly bring in the shawl for guys. It's very nice. I think it's about the colors and the whole ensemble.

I say give it a try and see what kind of comments you get. Of course your with a European crowd there. You're not in Alabama. So figure that in your results.

celeste said...

love you all! more, more! and the shawl - whatever works for you. i live in san francisco, there is *the*whole*range*of*dress* here -- and *i*love*it*

Charles said...

Cute~~
I shoud make mine too!

Holly said...

Like the shawl.

And if Cashie wants acrylic - The answer is Woolworths

Susan said...

I was thinking of making the Clementine and seeing yours has clinched the deal. Great podcast guys.

Elaine said...

Those colours are definitely manly enough for a man-shawl.

Anonymous said...

The males in my house vote no. FYI