I figured out how to list all the old epiosdes in iTunes. In the meantime though, it reposted Episode 1 and it may download again as new. Sorry! Hey, I just realized that it's our 1 year anniversary in 3 days! WOW!!!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Ms. B could finally pry herself away from her new addiction that is called "Spinning". Yeah, blame me and the Wollmeise who got her into it. :-p
We're carrying on with our conversation with the Wollmeise. It's Wollmeise Striptease Time!!! LOL
Wollmeise tells us about herself. We started off by talking about The Loopy Ewe Spring Fling, which she has attended. She doesn't like her photos taken, so we ask everybody to not take photos of her. In fact, she's just afraid that her third-eye will show in the photo. :-p Naaaaaaahhhh..it's the fact that she reckons that photos steal parts of your soul. Her mum doesn't like photos taken either.
The only way out? Take "backside" photos of the Wollmeise! And we promptly veered off to talk about the Rubber Ducky Crafters Group on Ravelry. Wollmeise is very against this.
Cashyie presented the Wollmeise with some "Red Hot" Lollies. She also asked Wollmeise, which lolly would she be if she were one? The answer: The old version of the green Gummibärchen, which is Waldmeister or Woodruff in English (you can also check out the Wollmeise's Woodruff Sorbet Recipe!).
- We found out who taught the Wollmeise to knit. How her mum sewed her clothes for her....which she of course didn't appreciate. Her mum even put creases on her jeans! Wollmeise used to wear wooden clogs...and no-one wanted to dance with her, so she had to take the "left-over".
- We also found out about Wollmeise's Husband, Rohrspatz! They met in a public swimming pool...well, Rohrspatz stole her sandwiches! I'm not going to tell you the whole story here...so you need to listen to the podcast! ;-)
- Find out how the Wollmeise came about dyeing yarns!
- Wollmeise used to spin. She crocheted some window blinds. She also reveals the fact that she's a learnt dressmaker!
- We then talked about Dirndl, Landhausmode and Trachten....and do you know what "Balcony" is? :-p
- Find out how Wollmeise feels about her popularity.
- Wollmeise also knits stuff out of other yarns. She tries out stuff from other dyers. And Cashyie promptly promotes Hobbledehoy yarn.
- Differences between German knitters and knitters of other countries.
- We also find out about some of the Wollmeise colourway names! E.g. Poison No. 5 was inspired by the movie Love Potion No. 9.
- Secrets of the Wollmeise smell: Perwoll!
- Blue Suzanne, how it was "discovered"! And how she comes up with new colourways.
- We tried to get the Wollmeise to start dyeing up rovings.
- She explains what a Schultüte is.
- Future plans for Wollmeise: An expansion?
- Who would play the Wollmeise in a movie?
- Wollmeise not dyeing yarns?
- Why are a lot of Indie Dyers in Germany named Claudia?
- Wollmeise smokes!
- Wollmeise's favourite food!
- She's also planning to do a SOCK CLUB!!!!!
- The Wollmeise hymn: "You can't get what you want (till you know what you want):
Announcement: The Ram Club - a sock club for men! Collaboration between Stitch Stud and the Unique Sheep.
Contest winner: We decided to ask the Wollmeise the questions and see what she thinks. Anyhow, congratulations to Phoebe from Knit Happened! Please email us your snail mail address, so that we can send you your prize.
Last question to the Wollmeise: Which podcasts she listens to?
This episode's music is American Heartbreakt's "Last of the Superheroes (of the 1970's)", and it is brought to you by:
Until next time! Keep Knitting!
Episode #14: We're not Worthy! (part 2 of 2)
This is the second part of the episode. Sorry it took me so long to get this out, spinning has taken over my life. We are with the Wollmeise again and she reveals some interesting details about her life. Don't want to give anything away, you just gotta listen. Ok, one teaser - did she say something about a sock club???
Also, we reveal the contest answers and who the winner is!
Music: "The Last of the Superheroes of the 1970s" by American Heartbreak
Check out our blog at: http://knittersuncensored.blogspot.com or write us an email at: KnittersUncensored (AT) gmail (DOT) com, or check out our group on Ravelry called "Uncensored Knitters"
Detailed show notes and polls can be found at the following URL: http://knittersuncensored.blogspot.com/